Craft: Make a paper or felt fortune cookie
Paper or Felt Fortune Cookies
Getting ready for Valentine's Day? Need a quick idea to make little treats for your children's friends?
Use the template and follow the simple directions to make quick and easy fortune cookies.
1) Use either paper (beige if you must be authentic) or any color. Cut a thin strip of white paper and put a Valentine wish inside.
2) Let kids give one to Dad or Mom with a "coupon" for a good deed inside. I keep waiting to open a fortune cookie that will let me know someone else is going to do the dishes. (Hint. Hint.)
3) Fill a bowl with your fortune cookies and let your child pick one in the morning and have the cookie direct he/she do something silly.
4) Fill a bowl with fortune cookies and let your child pick one to allow a special privilege like an extra treat or getting to pick which family movie to watch.
5) Make a fortune cookie treasure hunt and have clues direct your child to various places around the house where you've hidden the next fortune cookie.