Lake Placid for Kids: Indoor/Rainy Day Activity? Try Rock Climbing
By Diane Chase
High Peaks Cyclery offers inside rock climbing as in intro to the great outdoors or just a means to practice. We find it a great (inexpensive) way to release pent-up energy on a rainy/snowy day around Lake Placid, Wilmington or the rest of the Adirondack High Peaks.
Rules are simple
1) All climbers must be 5 years or older
2) all climbers must complete a Waiver and Release form at least once a year
3) All climbers must sign into the Climbing Wall prior to climbing
4) All climbers must alert staff of the presence/departure. All participants must pay a fee OR show staff their card prior to use
5) Climbers under the age of 1 must have the Waiver/Release form signed by a parent or legal guardian
6) A minimum of one spotter per climber when bouldering
7) No hard soled or lug shoes are permitted. Climbing shoes or bare feet only
8) Approved climbing gear only
9) The belayer must pay attention to the climber at all times by keeping eye contact on him/her
10) No horseplay or misuse of equipment
11) All climbers must clean up after themselves and keep the gym neat
12) Food, beverages, and chewing gum no allowed: water bottles only
13) All climbers must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
14) Any infractions of the above rules will results in loss of privileges.
High Peaks Cyclery Mountain Adventure Center is located at 2733 Main Street in Lake Placid.
The Climbery is only open during regular store hours so call 518-523-3764 or check out .
The cost for bouldering is $7.00/2 hours or $10.00 with shoe rental. Clean running shoes can be used but will not provide the same grip as the provided climbing shoes.