One tee shirt and a pair of scissors
1) Find an old tee shirt or get one from a variety of places. I found this one in a free bin at a thift store.
2) Cut off the sleeves
3) cut off the neckline
4) measure how deep you would like the bag to be. I used another reusable cloth bag for my measurement as well as a knitting book.
5) Cut fringe from the bottom to where the bottom where you would like the bag to be. Separate the side fridge and cut up to meet the size of the other fringe.
6) Start at one side of the fringe and tie two pieces of material together into a knot. Continue tying knots until the end of the shirt is reached. Look inside the bag. If you can see holes through the knotted sections, go back and then take one piece of fringe from each adjacent knot and tie it together. That will seal up any holes.
|Great bag that is comfortable to carry and very roomy.|
8) To clean: just toss it in the washing machine with similar colored clothes.
© Diane Chase is the author of the Adirondack Family Time™ guidebook series. Adirondack Family Time™guidebooks have easy, short Adirondack family hikes for ADK kids, parents, retired, seniors, dog-owners, Adirondack swimming holes, Lake Placid Olympic activities, Adirondack trivia, Adirondack horseback rides, Adirondack snowshoe family trails and more. Look for the Adirondack family guidebooks online or bookstores/museums/sporting good stores. Diane is currently working on the next Adirondack Family Activities™ guide.