Looking for a rainy day activity
or have you lost your favorite bookmark?
Don't dog-ear those pages, make a quick corner bookmark out of recycled materials.
Enjoy reading your favorite books!
Directions (print-out tutorial at bottom of page)
1) Cut out a 6" or 7" square piece of paper or use the tutorial print-out to the left. We have used old maps, children's artwork, candy wrappers, and catalogs as material for bookmarks.
2) fold in half diagonally: bring corner 4 to corner 1, fold along corners 2 and 3 to form a triangle pointing up.
3) Fold corner 2 to meet corner 1 and fold corner 3 to meet corner 1, crease along folds
4) turn the diamond 180º so flaps face down. (See diagram)
5) Gentle open the flaps
6) in the center there will be folded lines forming a square. Fold the top layer Corner 1 up.
7) Refold corners 2 and 3 down to form the diamond shape.
8) Fold the top layer of Corners 2 and 3 to Corner 1. Crease at line 7.
9) Fold Flaps 2 and 3 under and into the pocket.
|Recycled Paper Corner Bookmark Tutorial|
Don't forget to check out your local independent bookstores!
© Diane Chase is the author of the Adirondack Family Time™ guidebook series. Adirondack Family Time™guidebooks have easy, short Adirondack family hikes for ADK kids, parents, retired, seniors, dog-owners, Adirondack swimming holes, Lake Placid Olympic activities, Adirondack trivia, Adirondack horseback rides, Adirondack snowshoe family trails and more. Look for the Adirondack family guidebooks online or bookstores/museums/sporting good stores. Diane is currently working on the next Adirondack Family Activities™ guide.