small beads (the color of your pie.. red for raspberry pie, blue for blueberry pie)
clear drying glue
small magnet no larger than the back of the bottle cap
small pieces of tan felt
• Using the bottle cap as a pattern draw and cut out a circular piece of felt (to use as the bottom crust)
• Glue the "bottom crust" into the bottle cap.
• Pour a small bit of glue into the bottle cap lined with felt and pour a small amount of the beads on top.
• Mix the glue and beads together using the tooth pick.
• Continue to add more beads and glue until the bead/glue mixture is level with the top of the bottle cap
• Cut small strips of felt and glue over the beads, mimicking the top of a pie.
• Let dry
• glue small magnet to back of bottle top and let dry
Place on fridge! This makes a great party favor that is easy and fun. It also is a great raft to reuse and recycle.
© Diane Chase is the author of the Adirondack Family Activities™ guidebook series, Adirondack Family Time™, which is available online or bookstores/museums/sporting good stores. Diane is currently working on the third guidebook in the four-book series of Adirondack Family Activities™.