Make your hummingbird food recipe solution,
1 part white, granulated sugar
4 parts water closely approximates the concentrations found in the nectar of wildflowers they prefer.
To make a little over 1 cup of hummingbird nectar recipe solution (normally enough to fill a standard feeder) follow the below directions:
- Make sure your feeder is cleaned thoroughly before adding new solution.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Stir 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar into the 1 cup of heated water.
- Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Cool, fill your hummingbird feeder, and serve!
- Nectar can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.